Fix: AOL Email Stopped Working in Outlook
Has AOL email stopped working in Outlook? Probably there might be issues with the AOL setup or Outlook settings. To know how to fix this problem in detail, keep reading the instructions below.
Solution 1: Update your AOL email account’s password in Outlook
- If you have recently changed your AOL email account password on the web-based AOL email service, you need to update it in your Outlook app.
- On your computer, launch the Microsoft Outlook app by double-clicking its shortcut icon on the desktop.
- Choose your AOL email account from the configured email accounts list.
- Select the option to edit your email account details and update your current password.
- This will fix the problems with AOL email in the outlook app.
Solution 2: Check the server settings
- Launch the Outlook app first and then click the File menu at the top-left corner.
- Select the Info option from the left-side panel and click on Account Settings twice.
- Choose your AOL email account under the Email tab in the pop-up window and click on Change.
- Verify whether you have correctly entered the incoming and outgoing server settings under the Server Information column.
- Check whether you have entered the right password in the Password field under Logon Information.
- Click the More Settings button at the bottom-right corner and head to the Outgoing Server tab.
- Ensure that the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox is selected.
- Move on to the Advanced tab and verify the server ports configured in the Ports field for both the Incoming and Outgoing mail servers.
- If you have selected encrypted connection type, select SSL or TLS from the Use the following type of encrypted connection drop-down menu.
- Click OK and select the Test Account Settings tab to verify the configured settings.
- If AOL Email Stopped Working in Outlook even after configuring the correct server settings, update your Outlook app.