Aol Imap Settings Outlook 2016
Usually, to configure an e-mail account in an e-mail client like Outlook, you need to know your account’s incoming and outgoing server details. You can configure an e-mail account in Outlook using the IMAP or POP3 and SMTP settings. On this page, we have given the Aol Imap Settings Outlook 2016.
Incoming and Outgoing server details for AOL
Incoming Server (IMAP)
- Server address: imap.aol.com
- Port: 993 or 143
- Encryption type: SSL
Outgoing Server (SMTP)
- Server address: smtp.aol.com
- Port: 587
- Encryption type: TLS
Now, let’s see how to configure your AOL e-mail account in the Outlook 2016 e-mail client using IMAP and SMTP.
- Make sure that the Outlook 2016 application is installed on your computer.
- Check whether your computer is connected to the Internet.
- Make sure that the AOL account that you’re going to configure in Outlook is active.
- Close all the existing applications except Outlook on your computer.
- On the main screen of Outlook 2016, click on the File menu available at the top of the screen.
- Choose the option that says Account Settings.
- Now, in the Account Information window, you can find the account address that you have configured already.
- Below the existing account address, you can see the Add Account button; click on it.
- In the Add Account wizard, click on the radio button beside the Manual setup option.
- Now, on the Choose Your Account Type screen, select the POP or IMAP option and click on the Next button.
- In the POP and IMAP Account Settings window, you can find three sections titled User Information, Server information, and Logon Information.
- Under the User Information section, type your name and AOL mail address in the Your Name and E-mail Address fields.
- Below the Server Information section, select the IMAP option as the account type and type the IMAP & SMTP server addresses in the corresponding fields.
- Similarly, under the Logon Information section, type your username (AOL e-mail address) and password.
- Now, click on the More Settings button.
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab. Enable the first two options and go to the Advanced tab of the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box.
- Enter your AOL mail account’s port number in the given fields.
- Click OK > Test Account Settings.
- Now, if your AOL mail account is configured correctly, Congratulations! All tests completed successfully message will be displayed in the Test Account Settings dialog box.
If you have any doubts about Aol Imap Settings Outlook 2016, then contact us.