Fix: AOL Mail Not Working On Mac
AOL is a hassle-free email service provider. It offers a very simple user interface and that is the reason why many people choose it over the other email service providers. However, every email service comes with certain flaws and this is true in the case of AOL Mail as well. Many Mac users complain that they find some difficulties while using AOL Mail on their computers. Let’s now look into the AOL Mail not working on Mac issue in detail and try to resolve the same.
Try the methods given here to fix the AOL email not working on Mac problem:
Method 1 – Try fixing the problems with your web browser:
If you haven’t cleared the cache and cookies on your browser for a long time, it might lead to issues with your AOL Mail account. Try to clear (or delete) the cache and cookies from your browser right away and check if you can use AOL Mail properly on your Mac computer.
In case the above technique fails to resolve the AOL Mail not working on Mac issue, then you have to check if your web browser is outdated. An outdated web browser can cause a lot of trouble. Whatever browser you are using on your Mac (Safari or any other browser), update it. This might help fix the AOL Mail not working problem.
If updating the browser also fails to work, then move on to the next method.
Method 2 – Try correcting the mistyped information:
Another reason for the AOL Mail not working problem on your Mac could be an incorrectly typed name, email address, or password. To rectify this problem, follow these steps:
- Navigate to AOL Mail on your Mac computer.
- Go to the Mail menu and then choose the Preferences
- In the window that displays next, click the Accounts tab and select your AOL Mail account.
- Click the Account Information Check the Email Address field and see whether you have entered the email address correctly. If not, enter the right email address. Do the same for the Full Name and Password fields.
- Save all the changed settings.
- You can now check and see if the AOL Mail not working on Mac issue has been resolved.
If the problem persists, you have to check the incoming and outgoing server details. We will be doing the same in the next method.
Method 3 – Checking the server details:
To check if you have entered the correct port details, make use of the following information:
- In the Incoming Server (IMAP) section, make sure that the following details are present:
- IMAP Server Hostname: aol.com .
- IMAP User Name: It will be your AOL screen name.
- IMAP Password: It will be your AOL email account password.
- IMAP Port:
- IMAP TLS/SSL: This option should be set to
- In the Outgoing Server (SMTP) section, confirm that the following details are present:
- SMTP Server Hostname: aol.com .
- SMTP User Name: It will be your AOL screen name.
- SMTP Password: It will be your AOL email account password.
- SMTP Port:
- SMTP TLS/SSL: This option should be set to
Once you have confirmed that the above server details are correct, check and see if you are able to use AOL Mail properly on your Mac. Try sending and receiving emails to see if everything works fine. By now, your AOL Mail should work without any issues.
You have now resolved the AOL Mail not working on Mac issue.