How to Block and Unblock Contacts in Gmail?
Gmail ensures that your account is all-time safe by providing advanced security features. By default, some security features will be enabled on your Gmail account. If you wish, you can enable or disable these features as per your needs. Regarding the email messages you receive, you will get an alert or warning notification when you receive anonymous mails that consist of malicious content, and you can block the email address. You can unblock or block one or more contacts related to Google Account using Hangouts, Google Photo, Google Map, and YouTube. This section will let you know how to block and unblock a contact in the Gmail application.
How to Block Contact in Gmail?
For Desktop or Laptop Users
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Locate and open the email message you got from an unknown email account.
- Tap the More icon followed by the Block option.
- Now, the selected email account will be blocked, and you will not receive any emails from the sender in the future.
For Android or iPhone & iPad Users:
- On your Android or iPhone & iPad device, open the Gmail application.
- Open the mail you want to block.
- Locate and tap the More icon.
- Select the Block [sender] option.
How to Unblock Contact in Gmail?
- On your device, launch the Gmail application.
- Tap the hamburger icon.
- Select the Settings option.
- Now, a list of accounts configured on your mobile device will appear on the screen.
- From the list, choose the mail account that you wish to modify.
- Tap the Manage your Google Account option followed by People & Sharing.
- Locate the section titled Contacts and touch the Blocked option.
- Now, a list of email accounts that you have blocked on your Gmail account will appear on the screen.
- Select the email account you wish to unblock.
- Then, click the Remove button.
- Now, the selected email account will be unblocked successfully.