How To Block Emails On Yahoo?
It is hard to maintain an Inbox without any advertisement, spam, or other unwanted emails. If you find there are too many unnecessary emails on your account, block it so that you won’t receive any more emails from the senders of the blocked emails. You can easily block the emails in your Yahoo Mail account from the webmail page or the Yahoo Mail app. In case you are using a third-party email client application, you still have the option to block unwanted emails. The following steps will help you to block emails on Yahoo.
Using the web browser:
- Open the browser and visit the official Yahoo Mail webpage.
- Enter your email address and password to log in to your email account.
- On the home page of your email account, open the unwanted email from the Inbox folder and copy the sender’s email address.
- Return to the main account page and then follow one of the methods explained below.
- Click the Settings icon from the top right corner and select More Settings at the bottom of the panel.
- On the following screen, select the Security and Privacy menu from the left panel and click Add beside Blocked addresses on the right panel.
- Under Add an email address to block, paste the email address you have copied and click Save.
- Click on the drop-down menu at the top, next to your profile name, and choose Options.
- Select the Go button and click the Blocked Addresses menu on the left panel.
- Now, type or paste the email address to be blocked in the Add an address text box and then click the small plus symbol beside the text box to add it.
Using Yahoo Mail app:
- Launch the Yahoo Mail app on your mobile phone and open the email you want to block.
- Next, tap the More icon and select the Block option.
- Tick the checkbox next to the ‘Send all future emails to spam’ and ‘Delete all existing emails’ options to send future emails from that particular email address to the Spam folder and delete the unwanted emails in Inbox.
- Tap OK to save the changes.
- Otherwise, return to the home screen of the app and select the Settings menu.
- Now, choose Banned addresses, enter the email address you want to block, and then tap Ban.