How to Cancel Mail Forwarding?
USPS Mail is a popular postal service in the United States. It helps you to manage your mail. If you are moving permanently from one place (resident or company) to another, you can use a free temporary forwarding option in USPS. It offers two different postal services: regular forward mail and premium forwarding service. The Regular Cancel Mail Forwarding service will forward your mail from one place to another piece by piece.
The Premium forwarding service will pack your mail on each Wednesday and deliver it as a priority mail. The mail forwarding will stop when the date you listed has expired. However, you can cancel your mail forwarding in between the delivery date. To cancel your Mail forwarding service, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First, identify the confirmation code from the email you received from USPS when you have requested for the Mail Forwarding service.
- If you aren’t able to find the confirmation code, visit the nearby US post office with your valid government-issued photo ID.
- Request for your confirmation number.
- Next, open the default browser on your computer and navigate to the official USPS site.
- Select the Manage Your Mail option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Forward Mail and wait until you are redirected to another page.
- Click on the ‘Need to view, update or cancel’ link available at the bottom of the page.
- This will post a request for a change in the mail-forwarding service that you have previously opted for.
- On the next page, type your ZIP code in the required field and click the Submit button. This will bring up the change of address.
- If you wish to change the date of your order, make those changes.
- Otherwise, click on the Cancel link to cancel mail forwarding.
- Type your confirmation code (identified from the email you received from USPS) in the required field and click the Submit button.
- On the next page, select the Cancel option to stop the Mail Forwarding service and then click the Next button.
- Once canceled, a confirmation message will be displayed on the screen.