How to Change Account Settings in Mail in Windows 10
You can easily change the email account settings of your Windows 10 Mail by following some simple instructions. Now, let us take a look into those instructions on how to Change Account Settings in Mail in Windows 10:
- On your Windows 10 computer, launch the Mail app. You can do this task by clicking the Start icon, locating Mail, and clicking on it.
- When the Mail app opens, you will be able to see the Gear icon in the bottom-left of your screen.
- Now, click the Gear icon. The Settings window will now be displayed on your screen.
- Under Settings, please select the Manage Accounts option.
- Next, you have to choose your email account to edit the settings.
- Please confirm that the Username is your full email address.
- In case you have changed your password, you have to enter the new password in the Password field.
- Note: If you haven’t changed the password after you migrated to the new email platform, it would be wise to change it.
- Now, please click on the Change Mailbox Sync Settings option. When you see the Sync Settings pop-up on your screen, you can modify the Download email from option and also alter your name, if you wish.
- Next, to adjust your server settings, choose the Advanced Mailbox Settings option.
- You can now scroll down the screen to verify (or change) the existing email server settings. If the settings are not as below, you will have to modify them.
- The preferred email account should be turned ON.
- For a secure connection, please confirm that the checkbox next to the ‘Outgoing Server Requires Authentication’ option is selected.
- Also, verify that the checkbox next to the ‘Use the Same User Name and Password for Sending Email’ option is selected.
- Now, make sure that you select the checkboxes next to the Require SSL for incoming email option and the Require SSL for the outgoing email option.
- After you are done with all the above settings, you can close the current window.
- You can now test the email client to verify that all of your settings are correct.
- You have now successfully changed the email account settings in the Mail app on your Windows 10 computer.
We have now seen the steps involved in changing the email account settings in the Mail app on your Windows 10 computer or How to Change Account Settings in Mail in Windows 10.