HOW TO CHANGE RULES IN OUTLOOK 365?
As the number of emails in Outlook 365 sees a rise, it can be a pain to go through all the emails at once instead of sorting them out properly. You know that messages can be moved to folders, marked as important, and even have them redirected to a different location based on the criteria you have set. These features are called filters in some email programs. With Outlook 365, they are called Rules.
You must know that Rules are a set of actions in Outlook that will keep a look at the incoming and outgoing emails. You will have to choose what triggers the rules and the actions they are meant to take. In this article, you will be reading the steps to change rules in Outlook 365. Let’s say you are planning to create a rule to delete emails automatically with a series of keywords or sender preferences. If you do not allot a name for that rule, it will go unnoticed. These rules will be named automatically by Outlook and you will not know which is what.
There are some rules that are usually too long to be recognized if there are a lot of sub-rules. The good thing is that Microsoft Outlook 365 supports a simple feature to change or edit rules. Let us see how to Change Rules In Outlook 365.
- Open Microsoft Outlook 365 on your computer.
- Log in to your Outlook account.
- Click the File tab.
- Select the Manage Rules & Alerts option from the drop-down list.
- The Rules and Alerts pop-up window will open.
- Click the checkbox for the rule you want to change (name, rule, etc.).
- Click the Change Rule tab on the left side.
- You can choose any of the options from Edit Rule Settings…, Rename Rule, Play a Sound…, Move to Folder…, etc.
- Simply follow the commands on the screen and change the rules according to your liking. Now we have seen how to Change Rules In Outlook 365.
Follow the simple steps to change rules in Outlook 365. If you have further doubts regarding rules in Outlook, click the CALL button for technical assistance.