How to Change Your Yahoo Mail Password?
In some scenarios, you might have to change your Yahoo Mail password. In some other situations, you will have to reset a forgotten Yahoo password. You can perform both these tasks either on your mobile or on desktop. Let us now see how to change your Yahoo Mail password on desktop.
- The first step will be to navigate to your Yahoo Mail site using the default browser on your computer. If you are already logged in, you will be taken to the Yahoo Inbox directly. In case you are not, you need to enter your email address and then click on the Next button. Then type in your password and click on the Sign in button.
- At the top-right corner of the page, you can see your name and profile picture. Click on this name tab. You will see a drop-down menu.
- From the menu, select the Account Info option. This action will take you to the Account page.
- You will be able to see the Account security option on the left side of the page. Choose this option.
- It is now time to re-enter your login credentials. Type your email address and then click on the Next button. Then, type in your current password and then click on the Sign in button.
- NOTE: You might not see a prompt to re-enter your login credentials in case you have recently logged into your account.
- Now, continue with the following instructions to change your Yahoo Mail password on your desktop.
- At the top-right corner of the page that displays, you will find the Change password link. Click on it. This action will take you to the password creation page.
- NOTE: The steps will be slightly different if you have enabled your Yahoo Account Key.
- In case you have your Yahoo Account Key enabled, you should follow the instructions given here:
- You have to select the Manage option at the top-right section of the page. You will see a pop-up window now.
- At the bottom of this window, you need to click on the Disable Account Key button.
- Next, choose the Yes, disable Account Key option.
- Now, click on the Got It button. Then, you have to click on the Change password link.
- After you click on the Change password link, you will be taken to a new page.
- On this page, first, you need to type in your new password in the New password text box.
- Next, you have to re-type this password in the Confirm new password text box.
- You can continue with the procedure of changing your password only if both your entries match. If you wish to double-check the password, select the checkbox next to the Show password option.
- Now, click on the blue Continue button located at the bottom of the page to continue with the steps to change your Yahoo Mail password.
- On the page that is displayed next, you can see a Looks good button. Click on this button. This action will confirm that the password has been changed successfully. You will now be taken back to your Yahoo Inbox.
- If you see the prompt to add features to Yahoo, just click on the I’ll secure my account later link. You can easily find this link at the bottom of the page containing the Looks good button.
- You have now successfully changed your Yahoo Mail password.
You have now seen how to change your Yahoo Mail password on your desktop.