How to Change Your E-Mail Address on Apple Messages?
Apple ID is the most important thing you need to have the moment you get an Apple device. With the help of the Apple ID, you will be able to access some unique Apple services like iTunes, App Store, iMessage, and FaceTime. Now, with the e-mail address registered to your Apple device, you will also receive e-mail notifications like purchase history, iTunes, and other apps. Apple is more secure and it will always mail you the password if you are planning to change the Apple ID for a new device.
There are some users who would want to make changes to their Apple ID for some reason. It could be due to an embarrassing old e-mail address or they just want to have a different e-mail address on Apple messages.
We will now be describing you the steps to change your e-mail address on Apple Messages.
To change the e-mail address on Apple messages on an iOS device, follow the steps we describe below.
- Tap the Settings icon on the screen.
- On the Settings screen, select the option Messages.
- Tap the Send & Receive option and then tap to select the e-mail address you want to change.
- You can also add a new e-mail address by tapping the option Add an E-mail.
- Type the new e-mail address and then tap the Return button on the virtual keypad.
- Open that e-mail account and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the verification.
- Once the e-mail address is verified, tap the e-mail address and you will see a blue tick right next to it.
- Now you can open the iMessage app on your iPhone or iPad and send a message to a friend or a colleague. You could now notice the changed e-mail address in the sender section.
To change your e-mail address on Mac for Apple messages, follow the instructions
- Click the Messages icon on the Apps folder.
- Wait for the App to open.
- Click the Messages tab, then click the Preferences option.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- Click the iMessage option.
- Click Create Apple ID if you cannot find the c-mail address you want to use.
- Type the e-mail address and press the Enter button.
- Now, you have to open that email account and complete the account verification.
- Once the verification is complete, you will see a blue tick located next to the e-mail address.
Now you can send an iMessage to your friend or colleague.