HOW TO CHECK RULES IN OUTLOOK 2016?
On this page, we shall discuss the procedure to check rules in Outlook 2016. Before we plunge into the actual steps for checking rules, let’s understand what rules are and how they function. This information will help you check and manage the rules that have already been created in Outlook 2016 for Windows.
“Message rules,” as the terms indicate, are meant for your email messages. You can easily manage all your messages using certain rules. These rules will automatically act on your incoming and outgoing messages based on the conditions you specify. In Outlook 2016, you have the facility to choose many such conditions and actions using the Rules Wizard. Rules aid in preventing you from taking the same action whenever a similar message arrives in your Inbox folder. For instance, when you receive an email from a particular person, it will automatically be transferred to the folder that you designate. Let us see how to check rules in outlook 2016.
The rules in Outlook 2016 usually fall into one of the following categories:
You can easily check and manage the rules from both the above categories. Another significant factor you need to understand about rules in Outlook is that they operate only on the messages that are unread. Rules never operate on messages that are read. Now that you have understood what rules are, let us dive directly into the steps to check rules in Outlook 2016.
Procedure to check rules in Outlook 2016:
- Once you have created message rules, you can conveniently check, manage, or edit them based on your preferences.
- First, log into your Outlook 2016 account.
- Next, open your Inbox, if you are not already inside it.
- Make sure that you are on the Home tab.
- At the top-right corner, you will find the Rules option. Click on it.
- From the displayed options, select Manage Rules & Alerts.
- You will find that the Rules and Alerts window pops up. This window will contain a list of all your message rules. From here, you will easily be able to create, edit, or delete the existing rules.
- Now, click the Email Rules tab (the other tab in the window will be Manage Alerts).
- To check and manage rules in Outlook 2016, you can use the following options under the Email Rules tab:
- New Rule
- Change Rule
- Run Rules Now
- And, you will see other such options in the Rules and Alerts window.
- Once you have checked the rules (or changed, edited them), click on the OK button at the bottom of the window.
- You have now successfully learned how to check rules in outlook 2016. (Windows).