How to Configure Mail Settings for iPhone and iPad?
You can set up an email account on your iPhone or iPad, either automatically or manually. Consider the procedure given below to configure your email account on an iPhone or iPad.
Configuring email settings automatically:
- Open the Settings application and select the Passwords & Accounts tab.
- Touch the Add Account option and select your email provider.
- Type the email address and password of your account. Select Next.
- Add a description of your email account.
- Continue with the instructions on the screen to verify your email account.
- Select the required information like Contacts or Calendars.
- Once you have done all the settings, tap on the Save button.
Configuring email settings manually:
- Go to the Passwords & Accounts section from the Settings app.
- When you don’t see your email provider, choose the Other option.
- Select either IMAP or POP as your account type.
- Now, you have to enter the mail server credentials to configure your email account.
- Make sure to enter the correct credentials.
- You can refer to the email provider’s official website to get the mail server details.
- Enter the incoming mail server address and port number.
- Select SSL or TLS connection for an encrypted connection.
- Type the outgoing mail server address and port number.
- Choose the authentication type as password.
- If you are prompted to enter the email password, type it.
- Once you have entered all the information, touch on the Save button.
- You will now be able to send and receive email messages on your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch the Mail application and go to the Compose section to create a new email message.
- Go to the Inbox folder to view received email messages.