How to Create an Email Group and Distribution List in Outlook?
Having an email group saves you a lot of time and makes your job easy. But for that, you must have an email group. Once you have created the group, you can send your emails to the group, instead of adding multiple recipient email addresses individually.
If you want How to Create an Email Group and Distribution List in Outlook, then carry out the steps given below. The steps given here are for the Outlook 2013 email client application.
On a Windows computer:
- Open the Outlook application on your computer, and the Microsoft Outlook will open.
- Go to the Navigation bar and click the People option (icon with two people).
- Now, click the My Contacts tab and choose the folder where you want to save the Contacts group.
- Click New Contact Group and enter a name for it.
- For you to add members to the newly created group, click the Add Members option from the Contact Group menu and click the arrow to select the New E-Mail Contact option.
- You can simply perform a double-click on the contacts list to add the contact.
- If you want to add more contacts, click the Members option on the menu.
- The Add New Member pop-up window will open where you have to enter the display name and the email address of the member. Select the Email type and click the OK button.
- Now the group will be created and you can click Save & Close.
On a Mac Computer:
- Open the Microsoft Outlook application on your Mac computer steps on How to Create an Email Group and Distribution List in Outlook.
- Select the People option from the bottom left corner of the Outlook window.
- Click the option New Contact List.
- Enter a name for the newly created Contact list.
- Optionally, you can select the same option from the File menu (New -> Contact List).
- Now, to add the Contacts to the list, type the name or email address of the member in their respective fields.
- Once you have added the contacts to the group, click the Save & Close button.