How to Deal with Access Key Log-In to Yahoo! Mail?
The Yahoo Access Key feature is as secure as a password and allows you to use your devices connected with the Access Key instead of a password to sign-in to your Yahoo account. With Access Key, you do not have to remember your password to log in to your Yahoo account. To use the Yahoo Access Key feature, you need the Yahoo Mail app. To deal with your Access Key login to Yahoo Mail, follow the quick steps given below.
- Before you start, download and install the Yahoo Mail app from the Google Play Store app.
- Open the default browser on your phone after making sure that you have a standard Internet connection.
- Visit the official Yahoo sign-in page and enter your login credentials in the required fields to log in to your Yahoo account.
- Tap your profile name located at the top and select Account Info to navigate to the Account Security page.
- If you are asked to log in using Access Key, tap on See how it works.
- Choose your device or app, then tap the Send me a notification button and wait until you are notified.
- Open the notification received on your phone and tap the Approve icon.
- Get back to your browser and tap the Always Use Yahoo Account Key button.
- Confirm your mobile phone number for future use.
- Alternatively, you can enable the Yahoo Access Key feature using the Yahoo Mail app.
- In the Yahoo Mail app, you have to tap the Menu icon at the top and select the Key icon beside your name.
- Tap on Setup Account Key and select Yes. Doing so will log you into Yahoo Mail.
- Tap on Got it and verify the Yahoo Mail sent to your phone number.
- Select Enable Account Key and tap the Great, got it! button underneath You’re using Account Key.
- Now, you can log in to your account using the Access Key feature.
- If necessary, you can also disable the Access Key feature.