How To Delete An Email Account?
If you have multiple email accounts for different purposes, it is better to get rid of one, because remembering the email addresses and passwords can be a pain at times. If you have an inactive Gmail account, it is better to get rid of the account instead of getting spammed with emails.
We will now be seeing the steps to delete a Gmail email account.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Enter the Gmail URL in the address bar and press the Enter button.
- The Gmail login page will now open. Enter the login credentials such as email address and password, and then click the Sign-in button.
- The home page of your Gmail account will be loaded.
- Navigate to the right corner of the page and select the Profile icon.
- Select the Account option from the list.
- The Google Account page will now open. Navigate to the Account Preferences section and select the option Delete your Account or Services.
- Select the Delete Products option on the next page.
- You will be prompted to input your Gmail password for verification. Click the Next button once done.
- Your Gmail email address will be displayed with a Trash icon on the right.
- Click the Trash icon to delete your email address.
- You will now have to enter an alternate Email ID which you have access to.
- Click the button Send Verification Email.
- Now log in to the alternate email id where you have received the verification email.
- Click on the email to complete the deletion process.
- If prompted, you have to enter the email address you want to delete.
- Select the option ‘Yes, I want to delete the Gmail account.’
- Click the Delete Gmail button and click the Done button.