How to Delete an Email from iPhone Mail?
If the Mail application’s Inbox folder is full, you cannot get any new email messages due to insufficient storage space. In such a situation, you have to delete some unwanted email messages. You can even delete multiple email messages at a time from your iPhone’s Mail application. The step-by-step guidelines to delete your email messages from iPhone Mail or How to Delete an Email from iPhone Mail are given here.
Method 1 – Delete an individual email message
- On the home screen of your iPhone, find the Mail application and tap its icon.
- Locate an email message that you need to delete and swipe it from the right side to the left side.
- Once you see the More, Flag, Trash options on the right side of the email message, select the Trash option.
- Alternatively, tap the email message to open it.
- Now, tap the Trash icon at the bottom of the Mail application. This will delete the email message from the Inbox folder and move it to the Trash.
Method 2 – Delete multiple email messages
- Open the Mail application on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the Inbox folder. If you want to delete all your email messages from your email account, go to the All Mail folder.
- Tap the Edit option at the upper-right corner of the Mail application.
- Select multiple email messages that you want to delete and tap the Trash option at the lower-right end of the screen.
Method 3 – Permanently deleting email messages
- The email message that you have deleted using any one of the previous methods will be moved to the Trash folder.
- You can recover them within 30 days if needed.
- You can even empty the Trash folder using the following steps do on How to Delete an Email from iPhone Mail.
- Launch Mail on the iPhone and navigate to the Trash folder.
- To delete all the email messages in the Trash folder, tap the Delete All option at the bottom-right end of the screen.