How to Download Yahoo Mail to a PC?
Yahoo Mail is one of the popular email services and it is a web-based email application. It has many features like any other popular email service. However, there is a chance that hackers might get hold of your data. So, most people prefer to have another copy of Yahoo Mail on their PC. But Yahoo has discontinued the Yahoo Mail app for Windows 10 and hence you can get it on your PC. So, you have to look for other options to access your Yahoo emails on your PC apart from accessing it in a browser.
Below are the steps to download Yahoo emails to your PC.
Method 1 – Using the Email Backup Wizard program
- Download and install the Email Backup Wizard program on your PC.
- Open the downloaded program.
- You will see the list of Email Services in the left panel.
- Search for Yahoo Mail and select it.
- In the main panel, click the Select Email Source tab.
- Type the Yahoo Mail account’s email address in the Email Address field.
- Enter the Yahoo Mail password in the Password field.
- Launch a computer’s default browser.
- Access the login page of Yahoo Mail.
- Provide the Yahoo Mail account’s email address in the Enter your email field and click Next.
- Type the Yahoo Mail password in the Password field and click Sign In field>.
- You can access the Yahoo Mail account from the browser.
- Click your profile icon at the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select the Account Info option.
- Navigate to the Account Security tab in the left panel.
- Turn on the Allow apps that use less secure sign-in toggle.
- If prompted to verify, enter the captcha and click the Continue button.
- Return to the Email Backup Wizard program and click the Login button.
- In the left panel, select the Yahoomail checkbox.
- Choose the PST option from the Select Saving Option drop-down menu.
- Note: You can even choose some other file format.
- Select the checkbox beside Change Language and choose your preferred language.
- Click the Change button to specify the path to save the Yahoo emails on the PC.
- If you want to filter your emails by Date Range, by From & To address, and Subject, select the Use Advanced Settings for Selective Backup checkbox and provide the relevant details.
- Once done, click the Backup button.
- Once you see the Email Backup Wizard dialog box, click the OK option.
- The program will open the destination path automatically. You can check the downloaded Yahoo emails.
Step 2 :
Method 2 – Using an email client
You can configure the Yahoo Mail account in an email client like Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird. Before that, you have to know the POP and IMAP server details.
- POP – If you configure your email account using the POP protocol, all your Yahoo emails will be deleted from the email server once they are downloaded on your PC.
- IMAP – You can access your Yahoo emails from any device. You can read the emails online and save those on your PC.
- You are suggested to configure the Yahoo Mail account using IMAP if you need to download Yahoo emails on your PC.
Some of the limitations of this procedure are:
- Users have to install an email client.
- Even though the configuration steps are simple, making a small mistake could be a mess.
- There is no assurance that all your Yahoo emails will be downloaded. There is a chance that sync between Yahoo emails and email client might fail at any time.
- Access the Yahoo Mail account from a web browser.
- Enable the Allow apps that use less secure sign-in feature.
- Open the Mozilla Thunderbird email client on your computer.
- Navigate to Accounts and click the Email link.
- Provide the Yahoo Mail account information in the Set up an Existing Email Account dialog window.
- Click the Continue button to proceed.
- Select the IMAP (remote folders) radio button.
- Click Manual Config.
- Provide the IMAP and SMTP server details in the appropriate fields and click Done.
- This will add the Yahoo Mail account to the Thunderbird email client.
- Open the email message you want to download to the computer.
- Click the File tab, select the Save selected messages option, and choose your preferred format.
- Once you see the Import Export Tools dialog box, click OK.
- Note: You can only download a single Yahoo email message at a time.
Here are the steps to download the Yahoo emails using the Thunderbird email client.