How to Edit and Remove Filters on Yahoo Mail?
The filters in an email account are used to make some changes to incoming emails, such as blocking, deleting, or moving them to a specified folder. If you wish to edit or remove the filters on your Yahoo Mail account, follow the steps mentioned below.
- On your computer, verify whether you have a standard Internet connection before launching the browser.
- Next, open the default browser and navigate to the official Yahoo Mail Sign-In page.
- Enter your email address (Yahoo) and password in the required fields.
- Click the Sign In button to access your Yahoo account.
- Once you have successfully logged in to your Yahoo account, click the Settings icon available at the screen’s top-right corner.
- Click on Settings from the pull-down menu.
- In the Settings sub-window, navigate to the left-side panel and click the Filters tab.
- Now, the existing filters will be displayed on the screen.
- Choose the filter you wish to edit from the displayed list and click the Edit button at the top.
- On the Edit Filter screen, change the necessary details and click the Save button.
- You can make changes to the filter name, conditions for the incoming messages, and the sender rule.
- You can also modify the email body rule, recipient’s rule, subject rule, and destination folder.
- Once you have modified the filter, click the Save button.
- To remove the filter from the Yahoo Mail account, click the Filters tab in the Settings sub-window.
- Select the filter and click the Remove button available at the top of the screen.
- Once removed, a confirmation message will appear on the screen.
Delete Filter in Yahoo Mail App
Carry out these steps to delete the filter on your Yahoo Mail app:
- On your smartphone, launch the Yahoo Mail app and log in to your account.
- Tap the Profile icon and select Settings.
- Tap on Filters and choose the account in which you wish to delete the filter.
- Select the existing filter you wish to delete and tap the Delete Filter button available at the bottom of the screen.
- Once deleted, tap the OK button.