How to Fetch Data for a Mail App Email Account on an iPhone?
Every device like Windows, Mac, Android, or iPhone has its own email client app. The Mail app is the default email client app of the iPhone. You can add any email account to the iPhone Mail app. When you receive an email, the email server stores it. After you turn on the data or internet connection on the iPhone, the Mail app finds the email and displays it.
Generally, you have to configure your email account on the Mail app and the mail server information decides the activity of incoming and outgoing mails. The data on your email account is the incoming emails. If you want to learn how to fetch data for your email account on the iPhone Mail app, continue reading.
- A Fetch is an act of finding the relevant emails of your email account on the server.
- At times, you may not receive emails, so you have to fetch them.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select the Mail, Contacts, Calendars menu, then select Fetch New Data.
- Under Fetch New Data, touch the slider of Push and now it will turn green.
- Now, the new email messages will be pushed to your email account on the iPhone.
- You can view email notifications when you receive new emails to the Mail app.
- If you see any notification, open the Mail app on your iPhone and check if you have received any new emails.
- You can fetch the data for all the email accounts configured on your iPhone.
- Select the email account and enable Push or Fetch.
- Next, set a time for Fetch to download the emails on the iPhone.
- Even if the Push is disabled, the iPhone downloads the emails.