How To Fix Gmail Account Not Receiving E-Mails Issue?
With a Gmail (Google mail) account you can access all the Google services such as Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Calendar for free. You also have access to services like Google Photos, YouTube, and Maps using the Google account.
Meanwhile, it is very common for anyone to encounter an issue while sending, receiving, or managing their e-mail account. If your Gmail account is not receiving emails, then scroll down this page to know how to fix it.
There are many reasons for this issue to occur. Now, let’s see how to Fix Gmail Account Not Receiving E-Mails issue.
- Initially, make sure that your computer or mobile phone is connected to the Internet.
- Refresh the Inbox folder multipletimes to receive new e-mails.
- Look for the missing e-mail in the Trash or Spam folder of your account.
- If you find the missing e-mails in any of thesefolders, then move them to the Inbox folder.
- Check if you have set any filters for the e-mails that were found in the Trash or Spam.
If the basic solutions couldn’t resolve the issue, then learn how to fix the Gmail account that ’s not receiving e-mails using the advanced methods.
Method 1: Modify the “spam filter” settings
If all the e-mails that are sent to your Gmail account are moved directly to the Spam or Trash folder instead of Inbox, then it might be due to the spam filtering settings configured on your account. To resolve it, modify the spam filtering settings. Follow the below instructions to perform it.
- From your computer’s web browser, navigate to the Gmail account login page.
- Enter your Google account credentials in the corresponding fields.
- Click on the Sign In button.
- Now, on your account’s main interface, click on the Gear icon.
- Choose the Settings option.
- Go to the Filters tab.
- Now, check whether any filter settings that automatically delete or move the e-mailsto the Trash or Spam folder are configured.
- If yes, delete those filters.
- After deleting the filters, ask the sender the resend the e-mail.
- If your Gmail account is still not receiving e-mails , then perform the next method.
Method 2: Set your Gmail account address as the default
- Go to your Gmail account’s Settings section.
- Click on the Account and Import option.
- Make sure that your account address is configured correctly for Send mail as.
- To set your address as the default one, click on the make default command line beside your Google account.
- Now, check for the missing e-mail.
If you’re unable to receive e-mails from one particular e-mail address, then scroll down to fix the Gmail account.
If the missing e-mail was delivered to the Google server, then you can recover it easily using Email Log Search. To do so, follow the below instructions.
- Go to the Google Admin console page.
- Sign in to the console using your Google account credentials.
- Click on the Report option followed by Audit.
- Select the E-mail log search Audit.
- Set the date range and other information in the given fields.
- Click on the Search button.
- Now, the details about your missing e-mails will be displayed on the screen.
To know more about how to Fix Gmail Account Not Receiving E-Mails issue, click the Call button provided on this page.