How To Forward Emails From Outlook?
You can set up Outlook such that it forwards all the incoming emails to another email address, whether it is at Outlook.com or somewhere else. You can also set message rules and use them to forward only the emails that match certain criteria.
Now, let us see how to set up Outlook.com to forward all the incoming emails to another email address.
Important Note: All the instructions provided below apply only to Outlook on the web and how to Forward Emails From Outlook.
- First, open Outlook and then select the Settings (Gear) icon from the toolbar.
- Next, choose the View all Outlook settings option. You will find the Settings dialog box pop up.
- In the Settings dialog box, select the Mail option. From the list of options that are displayed, choose Forwarding.
- Under Forwarding, select the checkbox provided next to the Enable forwarding option.
- Under the Enable forwarding option, you will see the Forward my email to: option with a text box below it.
- In the text box, type the email address to which you want to forward all your email messages.
- In case you wish to retain copies of the forwarded email messages in your Outlook account, you can select the checkbox next to the Keep a copy of forwarded messages option.
- Finally, click on the Save button at the top of the current window to save all your settings.
Important Note: If the checkbox next to the Keep a copy of forwarded messages option is not selected, the forwarded emails will not be present anymore in your Outlook account. They will not be available in the Deleted folder also.
We have now seen how to forward all your Outlook emails to another email address.
Let us look into the steps to forward specific emails using a rule in Outlook.com:
- First, you have to open Outlook and then select the Settings (Gear) icon from the toolbar.
- Next, you need to choose the View all Outlook settings option. You will find that the Settings dialog box pops up.
- In the Settings dialog box, select the Mail option. From the list of options that are displayed, choose Rules.
- Under Rules, select the Add a new rule option.
- Now, type in a descriptive name for your new rule. It will be easier if you choose a name that will help you remember how the rule is used.
- You will find a drop-down for the Add a condition option. From this drop-down, choose an item using which you can forward your emails.
- You can select Has attachment if you want to forward all the emails with attachments.
- You can choose the From option if you wish to forward all the emails from a particular sender.
- In case you wish to forward only those emails marked with high importance, you can use the Importance option.
- Now, you can see the Add an action drop-down menu. From this menu, select the format of the forwarded message:
- You can choose the Forward to option if you want your messages to be forwarded as an email.
- You can select the Forward as attachment option in case you wish to forward entire emails as unmodified attachments.
- It is now time to enter the email address to which you would like to send all the email messages matching the rule you have set. Please enter more than one email address if you want to forward the emails to many people.
- You will also see the Add an exception (optional) option with a drop-down list. From this list, you can select an option to exclude emails that match specific criteria from being forwarded.
- Finally, click on the Save button at the top of the window to save all your settings.
We have now seen the steps to forward only specific Outlook emails to another email address using certain rules. Get more solutions on how To Forward Emails From Outlook call us our techie.