How to Hide google hangout in side bar Gmail?
If you are a Gmail user, be it a casual user or a self-employed user, you would have spent hours checking your emails. Gmail, being the premier email service, has millions of email users on a daily basis.
One of the greatest perks of being a Google subsidiary means it has integrated many services from Gmail, one being Google Hangout. Google Hangouts have not been successful because of privacy concerns and mainly it does not use end-to-end encryption.
For literally millions of users, especially for ones who use Gmail on a regular basis, Hangouts has not been a point of attraction. It takes up a lot of unwanted space on the screen without any kind of contribution. Google has been trying hard to promote Hangouts somehow, but it does fail. Therefore, the best solution will be to hide Google Hideout in Gmail. Let us see how to Hide google hangout in side bar Gmail.
Here are the steps to hide Google Hangouts in Gmail.
- Turn on your computer and open the default browser.
- Sign in to your Gmail account and enter the Gmail login credentials in the respective fields.
- Once the Gmail page opens, navigate the cursor to the top right corner and click Settings.
- Click the Settings option from the drop-down list.
- The Settings page will open with many tabs and options.
- Click the Chat and Meet tab.
- Scroll down the Settings page, and you will see options for Chat and Meet.
- In the Chat section, click the radio button for the Chat off option.
- Click the Save Changes button.
The Gmail page will now reload, and you will no longer see Google Hangout in the side bar. Now we have seen how to Hide google hangout in side bar Gmail.