How to Insert Graphical Smileys in Yahoo Mail Messages?
Yahoo Mail contains a variety of graphical smileys known as “emoticons.” These emoticons are located in Yahoo Mail’s formatting toolbar. You can make use of these smileys in your outgoing emails to do the following functions:
- In order to seek attention to your emails
- To appear friendly to your recipients
- To express an emotion that you feel
Keep in mind that Yahoo Mail, by default, makes use of the rich text editor. This editor makes adding graphical smileys to your emails possible. However, if you change over to the plain text editor, the Yahoo Mail formatting toolbar will no longer contain the graphical smileys.
Let us now learn how to insert graphical smileys in Yahoo Mail messages. To do the same, carry out the instructions given below:
- Open Yahoo Mail on your computer.
- Choose the Compose option located at the top-left corner of your email screen.
- Enter the recipient’s email address in the To field. Then, type in the subject of your email in the Subject field.
- Enter the text of the outgoing email in the space provided.
- Position the cursor at the place/location where you wish your graphical smiley to appear.
- At the bottom of your email screen, you will find the formatting toolbar. Click on the Insert emojis option located in this toolbar.
- When you click on the Insert emojis option, several emoticons with various expressions will be displayed on your screen. Choose one of these emoticons to insert it into the body of your message.
- Remember that the graphical smileys will not appear in the email that your recipient gets if his/her email client doesn’t support HTML emails.
You have now successfully inserted graphical smileys in your Yahoo Mail message.
You can also try Yahoo Mail’s stationery features. These stationery graphics are also located in the formatting toolbar of Yahoo Mail. They are commonly used to liven up the emails you send. They are classified into the following types:
If you want to see how the stationery graphics are inserted in your outgoing emails, perform the following steps:
- Go to the formatting toolbar located at the bottom of your Yahoo Mail screen.
- Click on the icon that appears like a card with a heart on it.
- Scroll through the displayed images and then select the one you would like to insert into the body of your email message.
- The image you choose will be inserted into your message.
You have now inserted the stationery graphic into your Yahoo Mail message successfully.