How to Manage Yahoo Mail App Passwords?
If you want to use your Yahoo mail account from third-party applications, you have to generate an app password. This can be generated for iOS Mail, Outlook, Android Mail, or any other email client program. You don’t need an app password to access your Yahoo mail account from the Yahoo Mail app. Consider the steps that are given below to manage Yahoo Mail app passwords.
Creating an app password:
- First, log in to your Yahoo business email account.
- Click on the name on the top right corner of the screen.
- When prompted to sign in again, type the login credentials of your account.
- If you are a mobile user, go to the Account Info section after logging in to your account.
- Select the Manage Accounts tab and click on the Account info link.
- Click the Manage App Passwords option under Account security.
- When a drop-down menu appears, select the app that you are going to use.
- If you don’t see the app, select the Other option. Type the app’s name.
- Now, click on the Generate button.
- When the App Passwords dialog box appears, select the Click to Copy option Click Done.
- You can now find the new app password on the App Passwords screen.
- Note down the password and click on the x icon to close the window.
- Now, enter the app password in the third-party app.
- Once you have generated the app password, you can use it to access your Yahoo business email account from all applications.
- If you want to remove an app password, click on the Remove button.
Deleting app password:
- If you don’t want to enter the app password, delete it. You can easily create a new password and delete the existing password.
- Make sure to log in to your business email account.
- Select your name on the top-right corner of the screen.
- When prompted to log in, enter the credentials.
- Go to the Account Info section and select Manage Accounts.
- Now, click on the Account info link.
- Select Manage App Passwords under Account Security.
- Click the Remove button for the app password to delete.
- Select the Delete button to remove the account.
- Once the app password is removed, you will no longer be able to send and receive emails.
- You can easily manage Yahoo mail app passwords by following the above steps.