How to Perform a Mail Merge in Word 2010?
If you wish to send greetings email to multiple recipients with the same mail body, then you can compose your email and add all your recipients in the To field. But if you want the emails to be personalized for each recipient, then it will be tough for you to write the email for each recipient with their name and other details. This is where you can use the Mail Merge feature of MS Word. In Mail Merge, you have to compose a single document and then append or merge the personalized information in the document. This will create multiple documents with personalized details. You can have all the personalized details like name, age, contact address, email address, etc., in an Excel sheet.
We will now be describing the steps to perform Mail Merge in MS Word 2010.
- Turn on your Windows computer.
- Open Microsoft Word 2010.
- Click the Mailings tab and select the option Start Mail Merge.
- Under the Start Mail Merge option, select the last option Step by Step Mail Merge Wizard. This wizard will guide you through the complete process.
- Select the E-mail messages radio button in the Document type. If you wish, you can choose the other document types as well.
- In the corresponding window select, the option Use the current document. Now, you have to enter the contents of the document (for example: email body).
- In the next step, click the Browse option under Use an existing list.
- Choose the Recipients and then click the OK button.
- Select the Excel sheet that has the personalized details of your contacts from the list and click the OK button.
- Select the option Preview your letters and then click Complete the merge.
- Following the steps on the wizard will help you finish Mail Merging on MS Word 2010.