How to Prevent Your Emails Being Forwarded in Outlook?
The instructions to prevent an email from being forwarded in the Outlook email client are provided on this web page.
Disabling Automatic forwarding:
- First, check if you have disabled the Automatic Forwarding feature in the Microsoft Outlook email client. If not, disable it.
- Start Outlook on your computer, click the Settings icon, and select the View all Outlook Settings option.
- Click the Mail option followed by the Forwarding option.
- Deselect the checkbox next to the Enable Forwarding option and click the Save button.
Preventing Forwarding Option at the Recipient End:
Step 1: Prevent forwarding form:
- Compose a new email message, click the Developer tab at the top of the screen, and select the Design a Form option.
- When the Design Form dialog window displays on the screen, select the Standard Forms Library option from the Look In drop-down menu and click the Message option on the main panel.
- Check if the Message term is displayed in the Display Name field and then click the Open option.
- Navigate to the Actions tab and double-click the Forward field.
- Remove the checkmark beside the Enabled option and click OK in the Form Action Properties dialog window.
- Checkmark the box beside the ‘Send form definition with item’ option.
- When the Microsoft Outlook dialog box appears on the screen, select the OK option.
- In the Message window, click the Publish option followed by the Publish Form option.
- Fill the Form in the Display field and select the Publish option followed by the Close option.
- When prompted, click the No option.
- Exit the Message dialog window.
Step 2: Send an Email using the Prevent Forwarding Form:
- Navigate to the Developer tab, select the Choose Form option, and choose the form that you have created.
- Once you click the Open option, the Message window will appear on the screen.
- Compose a new email and click the Send option.
- The Forward option will be disabled for the recipient and they cannot forward the emails you send.