How to Recall an Email in Outlook After You Sent It?
MS Outlook is one of the email clients that support both the Windows and Mac computers. If you have sent an incorrect message to a recipient using Outlook, you can rectify it within a few seconds. Outlook has a unique feature to recall an email after you sent it. If you wish to recall a sent message from Outlook, refer to the steps given on our site. This solution applies to the accounts in the same organization (both should have an Exchange server mail account). Also, the recipient should not have read/deleted the message that you have sent.
- On your Windows computer, open the Outlook app (if you have closed it).
- To do this, click the Start menu available at the bottom left corner of the screen and type outlook in the search panel.
- Hit the Enter key and give a double-click on the Outlook App to launch it on your desktop.
- In the Outlook window, navigate to the left-side panel and click the Sent Items folder.
- Give a double-click on the sent email from the displayed list.
- This will open the email message in a new window.
- Click the Message tab and select the Actions menu.
- From the drop-down list, select the Recall This Message option.
- In the Read This Message pop-up window, click the ’Delete unread copies of this message’ radio button to recall the sent email.
- Alternatively, you can click the ’Delete unread copies and replace with a new message’ radio button to replace the sent email.
- Make sure that the ’Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient’ checkbox is enabled.
- If this checkbox is deselected, you will not receive notifications about recalled emails.
- Click the OK button to close the Recall This Message window.
- If you have selected to recall and replace the sent email, modify the message in the email window.
- If you have difficulties in recalling the sent email from the Outlook app, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.