How To Reset Yahoo Email Password?
If you have forgotten your email password, you can reset it easily. Ensure that you have access to the email ID that you provided at the time of creating your account. Sometimes, your account might have been be hacked, and unknown users would have changed the password. Make sure to change your email account’s password at least once in a month for security purposes. You can change your email password from a web browser or mobile application. Proceed with the steps that are given below to reset your Yahoo email password.
Resetting password from desktop or mobile browser:
- Open your browser and launch the official Yahoo website.
- Type your email address and click on the Next button.
- Click the ‘I forgot my password’ link that is under the Sign in option.
- Choose a verification method to reset your Yahoo email password.
- If you have added your alternative email address to your Yahoo account, you can easily reset your password. Log in to your alternative email account and open the email received from Yahoo. Click on the verification link to reset the password.
- Otherwise, use the registered mobile number. Type the code sent to your mobile number to change the password.
- Ensure to choose a strong password for your Yahoo Email account.
- Enter the password and re-enter it correctly to confirm it. Click Continue.
- You can also go to the Sign-in helper and reset the forgotten password.
Resetting password your Yahoo mail app:
- Open the Yahoo mail app and click the ‘Have a Yahoo account? Sign in’ link.
- Tap Trouble Signing in and enter the phone number registered with your Yahoo account. Click Continue.
- Type the verification code received on your mobile number and reset the password.
- After resetting your password, you can log in to your Yahoo email account using the email address and the new password