How to Review Your Yahoo Mail Spam Folder Periodically?
In general, receiving spam emails on your email account might be frustrating and Yahoo Mail helps you out to get rid of spam emails using the Spam filter. Usually, Yahoo Mail filters and forwards the spam emails to the Spam folder automatically and keeps your inbox spam-free. Although it works fairly well, there are chances for non-spam emails to be filtered as spam. As a result, these emails get deleted after remaining in the Spam folder for 30 days. So, it is necessary to review your Yahoo Mail Spam folder periodically to prevent automatic deletion.
Steps to recover non-spam emails from the Spam folder in Yahoo Mail:
- On your computer, launch the default browser after ensuring that you have a standard Internet connection.
- Visit the official Yahoo Mail sign-in page and enter your login credentials in the required fields.
- Click the Login button to access your Yahoo Mail inbox.
- Navigate to the left-side panel and click the Spam tab to open the Spam folder.
- Locate the message you want to recover and select the checkbox next to the email message.
- After selecting the message, click the Not Spam button available at the top to recover the email from the Spam folder to your Yahoo Mail inbox.
- If you have been using the Yahoo Mail app on your smartphone, launch it and go to the Spam folder.
- Open the email that is not spam and long-press the message to display the selection checkboxes.
- Tap the More items icon (three vertical dots) at the bottom-right corner and select the Not spam option.
- Now, the email marked as not spam will be moved to your inbox.
- Once you have recovered the non-spam emails (if any), empty the Spam folder.
- If you have difficulties in recovering your non-spam emails from the Spam folder of your Yahoo Mail, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.