How To Secure Your Google Account?
From the banking transaction details to the digital shopping receipts, your email account contains all information about the activities you perform every day. When someone hacks your mail account, they get all the confidential data. To prevent any uncertain actions and maintain for How To Secure Your Gmail Account, use the below tips.
1. Check the Gmail Security Settings
- Open the Gmail account on a web browser and click the Profile picture on the top.
- The Google Account menu opens up, go to the security menu.
- Make sure you have set the necessary account recovery settings.
- Also, see if the two-step verification of the Gmail is enabled; with this, you can protect your Gmail account. You will be immediately notified through your mobile or email account someone tries to log into your account from a different device.
2. Maintain a Strong Password
- When you are entering the password of your Gmail user account, see that the password length and characters satisfy the standard password conditions.
- If you cannot keep track of the password, make sure to allow the Password Manager to save the password on the system software.
3. Erase the Unnecessary Files on the Browser
- Open the Chrome window and click the more options icon.
- Select More Tools from the list of options that appear and then click the Extensions menu.
- Next, all the extensions saved on the browser will show up. Select the extension that you want to remove, and click Remove.
- When the browser asks you to confirm the action, click Remove to delete the extension.