How to Send a Message in Plain Text From Yahoo Mail?
Nowadays, all the email messages are sent in a rich-text format that contains lots of inline images, colorful backgrounds, links, and text formatting. In this era, sending a plain text email might seem outdated. But, you might force yourselves to send your email message in plain text format for some reason. Like most other email services, Yahoo Mail also supports the old-fashioned plain text email messages.
What is the need to send a plain text email message?
- Most of the email servers consider the rich-text formatted emails as promotional emails and thus filter them. This makes a chance for your email message to be moved to Spam and thus go unnoticed.
- According to research, many users prefer to receive plain text emails over rich-text emails.
So, if you want to send a plain text email message from Yahoo Mail, make use of the steps given below.
- Open a web browser on your computer and log in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- On your Yahoo Mail page, go to the left and click the Compose button.
- In the compose window, type your email content and then click the more options (three-dotted) icon at the bottom of the compose window.
- Now, you could see a set of options. From this, click the Plain Text option. You can identify this option with the Tx symbol.
- In the Switch to Plain Text prompt, click the OK button.
- The format of the email message that you have typed in the compose window will change to plain text.
- Enter the recipient address and email subject. Then send your plain text email.
- However, if you want to switch back to rich-text format, then click the rich-text icon in the compose window.
You have now seen the steps to send a message in plain text format in Yahoo Mail.