How to Set Up Email on Windows 8.1?
On this page, we’ll see how to set up an email account on your Windows 8.1 computer.
- Log in to your Windows 8.1 computer with the admin rights.
- Click the Start button and type Mail in the search field.
- From the list of suggestions, select the Mail option.
- Now, open the Charms bar by moving the mouse cursor to the upper-right corner of the Mail window.
- Click the Settings icon followed by the Accounts option.
- Go to the Add an account option.
- Now, you’ll be prompted to select your email service provider.
- Select your email provider from the displayed list.
- If your email provider’s name or logo is not displayed, then click the Other account option.
- When prompted, enter your email address and password in the corresponding fields.
- Perform the instructions displayed on the screen.
- If you wish to add your newly-added email account to the Microsoft account, then click the Connect to a Microsoft account command line on the Local Account screen.
- Now, your email account has been successfully set up on your Windows 8.1 computer.
Adjust the email account settings
Most of the email service providers have a dedicated email client application that works on mobile phones, desktops, and laptops. In the section below, we have taken the Yahoo! Mail app as an example.
- Launch the Yahoo! Mail app on your Windows 8.1 computer.
- Click the Inbox option.
- You can see all of your email accounts configured on the app at the bottom.
- If you wish, you can switch between two accounts by clicking on an account.
- To adjust the account settings, open the Charms bar and click the Settings option followed by Accounts.
- Modify the account settings as required.
- Make sure to save the changes you have made.