How to Set Up iCloud Email and Calendar Access on Windows 10?
If you are using an iPhone and utilizing Apple’s email service on it, you have the facility to access those emails on your Windows 10 computer. Apple offers iCloud software designed specifically for Windows — iCloud for Windows. If you install this software on your computer, you can do the following functions:
- Access the files saved on your iCloud Drive.
- Synchronize your browser’s bookmarks with Safari.
- Sync iCloud Mail.
- Sync iCloud Photos.
Since Windows 10 already has the built-in tools for accessing both your iCloud emails and calendar events, you do not require Apple’s software to do the same. You just have to add your iCloud account to the Mail app and enable two-factor authentication, if necessary. If you are planning to make use of two-factor authentication, you will have to create app-specific passwords.
So, continue reading to know how to create an app-specific password (for two-factor authentication) and add your iCloud account to Mail.
App-specific Password Creation (Only for two-factor authentication):
- First, open the default web browser on your Windows 10 computer.
- Next, sign into your Apple ID account page.
- On this page, scroll down to the Security section and then locate the App-Specific Passwords title. Under this title, you can see the Generate Password link. Click on it.
- You will now see a tiny pop-up. Here, you have to enter a password label. Then click on the blue Create button.
- Since you will not be able to recover this password, make sure you remember it or take a screenshot of the password and save it.
Adding iCloud Account to the Mail app:
When you add an iCloud account to the Mail app, everything stored on that account’s emails, contacts, and calendar will get synchronized with Windows 10. This process will happen automatically.
Now, to add your iCloud account to the Mail app, carry out the following instructions:
- The first step will be to open the Mail app.
- The next step is to click on Accounts located on the left pane. This action will open the Manage Accounts panel on the right.
- On the Manage Accounts panel, click on the + Add account option.
- In the Add Accounts window that pops up, you can see a list of entries. Choose the iCloud entry from the list.
- On the screen that displays next, you have to enter the email address and password you use to access your iCloud account.
- In case your email account uses two-factor authentication, you will have to type in the app-specific password you created previously.
- On the screen that appears next, click on the Sign in button.
- Finally, you have to click on the Done button.
You have now finished adding your iCloud account to the Mail app. From now onwards, you can easily access your emails, contacts, and calendars on your Windows 10 computer.