How to Set up Yahoo Calendar iCal Sync?
Yahoo iCal — iCalendar — lets you share your calendar events with your family, friends, business people, etc. Its extension usually ends in ICS. It is a friendly tool that anyone can view and download the event to their own calendar app and see whenever you edit it. Just share your URL to the ICS file and the person who had downloaded iCal can view and follow the schedule you make on it.
The steps to set up Yahoo! iCal sync are as follows:
- Log on to your Yahoo! Mail.
- Click the Calendar icon on the upper-right corner of your Inbox. It will open a new window.
- Now, select the Actions in the toolbar followed by the Create New Calendar option to create a new calendar that you want to share. Selecting the small arrow beside the existing calendar is optional.
- When the calendar is created, it will be viewed on the left side of the window.
- Click a small arrow that appears next to it and select the option Share.
- Now, you can name the calendar and choose your desired color for the calendar.
- If you want to share your calendar, you have three different options.
- Enable my Public Calendar, where anyone can see your schedule.
- Invite people by email.
- Create links.
- Select the Generate link option.
- Copy the URL in the To import into a Calendar app (ICS) section.
- Click Save to exit the calendar set up.
- Now return to Yahoo! Calendar.
How could you stop sharing a Yahoo! calendar ICS file?
Whenever you open the link you copied or shared with others, they can have access to the iCal file and see whatever changes you have done. Eventually, you have the option to reset it by returning to step 9 and select the reset option near the ICS section.