How to Setup Email on iPhone 6?
Carry any one of the following procedures to set up your email account on your iPhone 6.
Procedure 1 – Setting Up Automatically
- On the home screen of your iPhone 6, search for the Mail application and tap its icon.
- The following email providers will be displayed on the Welcome to Mail screen.
- Select your email provider.
- Note: If your email provider is not in the list, proceed with the next procedure to set up the email account manually.
- Now, fill the Name and Description fields.
- Enter your email account’s credentials in the Email and Password fields and tap the Next option at the top of the screen.
- The Mail application will verify your email account.
- Tap the Save option to complete the email setup.
Procedure 2 – Setting up manually
- To manually configure the email account, you need to know the incoming and outgoing mail server settings.
- Note: The Mail application will not add the email account if the server settings are incorrect.
- Open the Settings application on iPhone 6, scroll down the screen, and tap the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option.
- Tap Add Account -> Other -> Add Mail Account.
- Fill the following fields and tap Next on the New Account screen.
- Tap either the IMAP or POP tab on the next screen.
- Provide the correct hostname, user name, and password in both the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server sections.
- Tap Next at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- The Cannot Verify Server Identity prompt box will appear on the screen.
- Select the Continue option to proceed.
- Turn on the toggle switch next to the Mail and Notes options and tap Save.
- If the Cannot Connect Using SSL message prompts on the screen, select the Yes option and re-add the email account without SSL.
- Open the Mail application and send an email message to the same email address.
- Check if the email message is received.
- This indicates the email setup on the iPhone 6 is successful.