How to Turn Off Read Receipts in Outlook?
Read receipts are the requests from the sender of a particular email asking you to confirm the receipt of the mail. In some cases, these request prompts might be annoying when you receive multiple requests from various addresses at a time. To prevent this, you can disable the read recipients feature in Outlook.
Follow these steps to turn off the requesting read receipts feature in the Outlook app:
- On your Windows computer, give a double-click on the Outlook shortcut icon to open the Outlook app.
- Otherwise, click the Start menu and type “outlook” in the search panel.
- Give a double-click on the Outlook app from the search result.
- Now, the Outlook app will be launched on your desktop.
- Click the File tab available at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select Options from the drop-down menu and click on Mail.
- Scroll down the window to the Tracking section and uncheck the ’Delivery receipt confirming the message was delivered to the recipient’s email server’ checkbox.
- Also, deselect the Read receipt confirming viewed the message checkbox to turn off the requesting read receipts.
- Click OK to close the window.
- Now, your recipients will no longer receive read receipt requests from you.
If you wish to ignore all the read receipt requests, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- On your PC, launch the Outlook app first.
- Click the File tab available at the top-left corner of the screen and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Select Mail from the left-side panel and go to the Tracking section.
- Click the Never send a read receipt radio button to turn off receiving read receipts.
- Click OK to apply the changes.