How to Use Dropbox with Yahoo Mail?
It would be impossible to attach a file of size more than 25 MB with your Yahoo! Mail. There is a file size limit for using attachments with Yahoo! Mail. However, Yahoo! Mail has integrated with Dropbox so that users can now send files of huge sizes to the intended recipients without any restrictions. For easier integration, you have to ensure that you have linked your Yahoo! Mail account with your Dropbox account.
Let us now discuss how to use Dropbox with your Yahoo! Mail to send attachments of huge sizes:
- The first step will be to upload your file to Dropbox. There are two ways to get this task done:
- Uploading your file to your Dropbox online account (directly).
- Performing an online sync by putting the file in your local Dropbox folder.
- The next step will be to log into your Yahoo! Mail account.
- Now, you have to compose a new email. This email can be of any length, and you can send it to as many recipients as you like.
- In case you wish to experiment with sending file attachments, you can simply try to send an email with an attachment to yourself.
- It is now time to attach your file from your Dropbox folder.
- In the Compose window, go to the Clip icon provided for attaching files. Click on the icon.
- From the displayed options, select Share from Dropbox.
- You will see that a new dialog window pops up. This window will have your Dropbox folders.
- Navigate through those folders and then find the file you wish to attach. You have two facilities for attaching files:
- Attaching many files at the same time by selecting them. When you choose many files, all of them will be highlighted.
- Attaching files of many formats. You can attach PDFs, songs, and even movies.
- Once you have selected your file(s), click on the Choose button.
- The file(s) you have selected will be shared through a Dropbox link. This link will be embedded within your email. You will find that your file(s) are not being attached physically, but you will be able to access them using the embedded link.
- Finally, you have to click on the Send button to send your email to the intended recipients. You can add a CC to yourself and check how the link has worked.
We have now discussed the steps involved in sending files of large sizes by utilizing Dropbox with Yahoo! Mail.