How to Use Email Aliases in Gmail?
An email alias is the additional email account that you wish to use on your Gmail. Before using the email aliases, you need to create or add them to your Gmail account. Keep reading to get to know the steps to set up and use the email aliases in Gmail.
Carry out these steps to set up an email alias and use it in Gmail:
- Open the default browser on your computer and go to the Gmail Sign-In page.
- Enter your Gmail address in the required field and click the Next button.
- Enter your Gmail account’s password and click Submit to access your Gmail account.
- Click the Settings icon available at the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select Settings.
- Click the Accounts or Accounts and Import tab and go to the “Send mail as” section.
- Click the Add another email address option.
- Now, enter the email address that you wish to use in Gmail as an alias.
- If necessary, fill up the Name field.
- Ensure that the Treat as an alias checkbox is selected and click the Next Step button.
- Select the Send through Gmail radio button and click the Next Step button.
- Next, click the Send verification button.
- Now, open a new tab and log in to the email account that you are adding as an alias.
- Open the email from the Gmail and note down the verification code.
- Get back to the Gmail settings window and enter the verification code in the text box.
- Click Verify and wait until your account is added as an alias.
- You can check the alias account from the Accounts tab.
- Now, click the Compose button to open a new email window.
- Click the From field and choose the added alias account to send from.
- Using these steps, you can add more alias accounts to your Gmail account.