iCloud Mail Settings for Outlook
You can access your iCloud email account using the Outlook email client and for that, you have to configure your email account in Outlook. To configure the email account manually, you should know the IMAP and SMTP mail server details.
Follow the steps given below to configure the iCloud email account in Outlook. Here we will see the steps for Outlook 2013 or 2016.
- Open the Outlook application on your Windows computer.
- Once it is launched, click the File menu.
- Click the Account Settings button.
- Select the Account Settings option and then click the New and button.
- The Add account pop-up window will now open. Select the Email account radio button and click Next.
- This will open the Account setup window. Select the Manual Setup or additional server types radio button at the bottom of the page and click the Next button.
- Click the POP or IMAP option on the next page and click the Next button.
- The POP and IMAP server settings pop-up window will open. In this window, enter the required information correctly.
- Your name: User Name
- Email address: Your iCloud email address
- Account type: Choose IMAP from the drop-down list
- Incoming mail server: imap.mail.me.com
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.me.com
- User name: username
- Password: password
- Click the More Settings button located at the bottom right corner of the Add Account window.
- In the Internet E-mail Settings window, click the Outgoing Server tab and then click the checkbox beside My Outgoing server requires authentication.
- Click the Advanced tab to proceed with the configuration.
- Now enter the server port numbers in the next window.
- Incoming server port number: 993
- Encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server port number: 587
- Encrypted connection: STARTTLS
- After entering the port details, click the Ok button at the bottom.
- The Outlook application will now run a test on the configured email account.
- Click the Close button when the test configuration is complete and click the Finish button.
You have now connected your iCloud email account in Microsoft Outlook.