To set up your iCloud account on an iPad or iPhone, carry out the instructions given below.
- Open the Settings app and select iCloud.
- Enter your Apple ID and password and then click Sign In.
- If you don’t have an iCloud account, you can create a new one by selecting the Get a Free Apple ID option.
- Tap Merge to sync your mail and other details.
- Now, you can use your iCloud account on your iPhone.
iCloud mail setup in Outlook
- Open your browser and go to the official Apple website.
- Log in to your iCloud account using the username and password.
- Select the Generate Password link.
- Enter the name of the app in which you are going to set up your iCloud account and click Create.
- Now, copy the password. You might need this password to log in to Outlook.
- Launch the Outlook app and click the File menu.
- Select Add Account and choose the Manual iCloud Setup option.
- Now, configure your account using the correct settings.
- The incoming mail server for iCloud is imap.mail.me.com and the outgoing server is smtp.mail.me.com.
- Make sure to save the settings after configuring your iCloud account.
How do I Set Up Multiple iCloud Accounts?
If you want to set up multiple iCloud accounts on your iPhone, proceed with the steps that are given below.
- You can have only one primary account on your iPhone.
- To add another iCloud account, open the Settings app and select the ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Notes and Reminders’ tab.
- Select Calendar and tap Accounts and then touch Add Account.
- Now, select iCloud and enter the login credentials of your account to add it.
Outlook Setup Error iCloud
While using a Windows computer to set up your iCloud on the Outlook email client, if you face any error, carry out the steps given below.
- If you have more than one version of Office installed on your computer, it might be the cause for the error.
- Uninstall all the Office versions and install the latest version alone to fix the issue.
- Go to the Programs and Features window from Control Panel.
- Now, select the Office versions you want to remove and click Uninstall.
- Once done, you can install the latest version of Office and set up iCloud in Outlook again.