Imap Issues Affecting Outlook 2013 And Office 365
After the Microsoft update, KB2837618 and KB2837643, some users have encountered an issue in the IMAP folder synchronization of Outlook 2013 and Office 365. If Imap Issues Affecting Outlook 2013 And Office 365, then scroll down this page to know some quick and simple troubleshooting methods to resolve it.
Method 1: Uninstall the update
- Initially, make sure that you have signed in to your Windows computer with the admin rights.
- Now, go to your computer’s Control Panel window.
- Click on the Programs & Features option followed by View Installed Updates.
- Now, look for the update titled KB2837618 or KB2837643 and select it.
- Click on the Uninstall button followed by Yes. If prompted, restart your Windows computer after the uninstallation.
Method 2: Turn off Show only subscribed folders
Some users have found that disabling the Show only subscribed folders option in Outlook has resolved the IMAP issue. To do so, follow the below instructions.
- Launch the Outlook 2013 application.
- Move the cursor over your account name and right-click on it.
- Choose the IMAP Folders option.
- Now, a dialog box titled IMAP Folders will appear on the screen.
- Locate the option ‘When displaying hierarchy in Outlook, show only the subscribed folders.’ Now, de-select the option by unchecking the box beside it.
Check whether the IMAP issue in Outlook 2013 is resolved. If not, try the next method.
Method 3: Modify the path of the root folder
Changing the root folder path of your Outlook account may also resolve the IMAP issues. To change the path of your account’s root folder, carry out the following instructions.
- On the main screen of Outlook 2013, locate the account in which you encounter the IMAP issue and select it.
- Now, choose File -> Account Settings -> Account Settings -> Change -> More Settings -> Advanced -> Folders -> Root folder path.
- In the given field, type INBOX and save it.
- Now, try to perform the IMAP synchronization in your Outlook account.
- If the synchronization is done successfully, then it means the IMAP issue is resolved.
If none of the methods could resolve the Imap Issues Affecting Outlook 2013 And Office 365, then contact us.