set up gmail account on iphone
You can set up your Gmail account on an iPhone easily if you follow one of these methods.
Method 1 – Using IMAP
- On your computer, access your Gmail account from a web browser.
- Click the gear-shaped icon and choose the Settings option.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Navigate to the IMAP Access section, select the Enable IMAP option, and click Save Changes.
- Launch Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap the Passwords & Accounts option followed by the Add Account option.
- Select the Google option from the Email Providers list.
- Type the email address of your Gmail account and tap the Next option.
- Enter the login password and tap the Next option.
- Turn on the Mail toggle switch.
- If necessary, turn on the Contacts, Calendar, and Notes toggle switch.
- Tap the Save option to finish the Gmail account setup.
Method 2 – Using POP
- Open a browser on your computer and then log in to your Gmail account.
- Click the gear-shaped icon.
- Go to Settings -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Navigate to the POP download section and select the ‘Enable POP for all mail’ option.
- Navigate to the Settings screen on your iPhone.
- Select Passwords & Accounts -> Add Account.
- Choose the Other option.
- Tap the Add option followed by the Mail Account option.
- Provide the Gmail account’s email address and password in the relevant fields.
- Tap the Next option.
- Tap the POP account type.
- Provide the following account details in the appropriate fields.
- Incoming (POP) hostname – pop.gmail.com
- Outgoing (IMAP) hostname – smtp.gmail.com
- User name – Your Gmail account’s email address
- Password – Your Gmail account’s password
- Tap the Save option.
- Tap your Gmail account followed by the SMTP server.
- Enable the Use SSL option.
- Type 465 in the Server Port field.
- Tap Done.
- Now, you can access the Gmail account on the iPhone.