How to Setup Email on Android?
Setting up an email account on your Android phone will not be difficult if you follow the quick steps given below. You can either use the Gmail app or Android’s built-in email app to add your email account.
Carry out these steps to add your email account on your Android phone:
- First, turn the cellular data on and check if you have a standard Internet connection.
- Open the Settings app and scroll down the page to select Apps.
- In the Apps window, select the built-in email app to add your email account.
- Open the email app and select the Add Account option.
- In the Set Up Email window, select the Other option to set up your email account by manually configuring the server settings.
- Otherwise, select your email service provider from the displayed list.
- Enter your email address and password in the required fields and tap the Manual setup button.
- Select either IMAP or POP as your account type.
- In the Server settings window, enter the necessary details like Incoming mail server, Outgoing mail server, username, and password.
- Enter the correct server ports for the selected account type and enable the ‘Authentication required before sending emails’ checkbox.
- After verifying the configured server settings, click the Sign In button to complete the Setup Email on Android process.
Carry out these steps to set up your email account in the Gmail app:
- On your Android mobile, open Settings and tap the Cloud and accounts button.
- Select the Accounts option and tap the Add account button.
- Select the Personal (IMAP) Gmail icon and enter your email address in the required field.
- Tap the Next button and enter your password.
- Next, tap the Sign-in button and grant permission to your email app by selecting Yes.
- Wait until the email settings are verified.
- Choose your desired options from the Account options drop-down menu and tap Next.
- Now, your email account is added successfully to the Gmail app.
If you have difficulties in Setup Email on Android, click the Call button available on this screen to contact our technical support team.