Update AOL Mail settings
AOL mail allows you to personalize your own mail settings. On this web page, we’ll show you how to update the AOL mail settings.
Before that, let’s see the settings available under each tab.
Under this tab, the following settings are available:
- Calendar default view
- Calendar display
- Time zone
The settings that are available under the Filters tab are listed below.
- Create a new filter
- Delete filters (X button)
- Edit filters
In the General tab, you can find the following settings:
- Mail away message
- Reading mail
- Sending mail
- Today on AOL
Following settings are available in the Compose tab:
- Default compose mode
- Display name
- Sending mail
- Signature or Rich Text/HTML
To reach the Mail Settings wizard, follow the Update AOL Mail settings instructions given below.
- First, sign in to your AOL Mail account.
- Click Options followed by Mail Settings.
- Now, the Mail Settings wizard will open.
To update the General Settings of your AOL Mail, follow the instructions given below.
- Click the General Settings option under the Mail Settings tab.
- Sender Name Display: To choose the sender’s name display, click this setting, and select the sender’s name or email address.
- New Mail: Set the sound that you wish to hear while receiving a new mail using this option.
- Inbox style: Set the desired inbox style.
- Mail Away Message: If you wish to create and enable away message(s), then you can use this setting.
- Contacts: You can sort the contacts as per your desire.
Default Compose Mode: Choose the compose screen of your desire from this setting.
- Write mail in a pop-up screen.
- Write mail in full plane compose.
- Write mail in a separate window.
Rich Text/HTML: To use the preferred font, color, and to create a signature, you can use this setting.
Sending: If you want to check the spelling of your message before sending it, or if you want your email address to be added automatically to contacts, or if you want a sent confirmation report, then you can use the Sending settings.
To block a spam email address, you can use the Spam Settings tab. To know how to use this setting follow the instructions given below.
- Go to the Spam Settings tab in your AOL mail account.
- Enter the spam email addresses that you wish to block in the box under the Block mail from addresses I specify field.
- After entering the email address, click the + button.
- To remove the added email address, highlight it and click the X icon beside it.
To save the incoming emails in a specific folder, you can use the Filter Settings tab. To use this setting, first, you need to create a filter. Once it is created, you can modify the setting as per your desire.
To create a filter, follow the quick steps given below.
- Click the Create Filter option.
- Select the parameters of your desire.
- Finally, click the Save button.
- Now, to modify the created filter, move your mouse cursor over the Filter’s name.
- Click Edit and follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the process.
Contact our technical experts if you need remote assistance on the Update AOL Mail settings same.