Why Is Aol Email Not Working?
AOL Mail, a division of Verizon Communication, is a free web-based email service that offers basic features like any other email service. But there are possibilities for you to encounter issues while using the email service. In this article, you’ll learn how to resolve the issues in AOL email if it is not working. Scroll down this page to know why is Aol email not working.
This is one of the common issues encountered by most users and it occurs due to many reasons. Before performing any advanced methods to fix this issue, try to find the reason behind the issue. Generally, AOL email won’t work if there is a problem with the server or with your device itself. If the issue occurs because of a problem with AOL server, then wait until the problem is fixed by the service provider. In case the issue occurs due to a problem with your computer or mobile phone, then based on the issue, perform the necessary solutions to fix it.
For Mobile Phones
If AOL email is not working on your Android or iOS device, then perform the troubleshooting instructions given below.
- Relaunch the AOL Mail application.
- Make sure that the app is up-to-date.
- Similarly, check if your phone’s OS is up-to-date. If not, update the OS and check whether the issue is resolved.
- Check whether you have entered the incoming and outgoing server details correctly during the account configuration. To confirm it, on the Settings screen of your phone, tap on the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option. Select your AOL email account. Now, your account details will be displayed on the screen. If necessary, modify the details and tap Save.
- Clear the cache and unnecessary data stored on your phone.
- Reinstall the AOL M ail app on your device
- If reinstalling the app doesn’t resolve the issue, restart your phone.
For Desktop or Laptop
- Restart your desktop or laptop.
- Check if the device is connected to a stable Internet.
- Similarly, check whether any security software or firewall is blocking AOL M ail from working on your computer.
- If yes, disable it temporarily.
- Clear your computer’s browser cache if you’re trying to access the AOL Mail via a browser.
To get remote assistance in resolving why is Aol email not working, click on the Call button provided on this page.