Why Is My Aol Mail Not Updating On My Iphone?
In some situations, you will tend to face issues with the AOL Mail app on your iPhone. You might come across challenges like the inability to send/receive emails or difficulty in updating the AOL Mail app on your iPhone. In some other cases, the app will simply refuse to work on your device.
For all the above problems, specific troubleshooting methods are available. If your AOL Mail s are not updating on iPhone or “AOL Mail is not syncing well with your iPhone”, you can perform the steps below to fix the issue.
Try the troubleshooting methods given below to tackle the Aol Mail Not Updating On My Iphone problem:
Method 1: Setting up AOL as an IMAP account
You have to set up AOL on your iPhone as an IMAP account. It must not be a POP account. So, when you add an AOL account to your iOS device, make sure that you perform the following steps:
- On your iPhone’s Home screen, tap the Settings icon.
- Select Mail, Contacts, and Calendars and continue with the steps to resolve the AOL Mail not updating on the iPhone issue.
- Tap the Add account option and then choose AOL Mail.
- On the screen that is displayed next, enter the required information. Now, tap the Save button.
- Your AOL account will be saved as an IMAP account.
One of the users complained that he was using a Gmail account and an AOL email account for his Apple Mail app on his iPhone. He found that both these accounts were not getting updated automatically on his iOS device. He tried the following and was able to resolve the issue. If you are facing a similar problem, try the following steps to solve the AOL Mail not updating on the iPhone problem:
- On your iPhone’s Home screen, you have to tap on the Settings icon.
- Select Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
- Go to the Fetch New Data You will find a toggle switch beside this option. Tap this switch to turn it ON, that is, the switch should turn green.
- Tap the email account name you are using. Make sure that this account is set to AOL will be updated automatically.
- You have now fixed the Aol Mail Not Updating On My Iphone issue.