Why Is My iCloud Email Not Sending?
Being an Apple user can be tough, especially when you cannot send an important email from your iCloud Mail account. The causes of the iCloud email problem could be the general issues for any email account. Here, we shall discuss the simple solutions which will give a hand if you are wondering, ‘why is my iCloud email not sending?’
Solution-1: Use the browser
- If you tried sending the email from the Mail app and failed, then save the email as a draft and open the web browser application.
- Visit the official Apple website and log in to your iCloud Mail account.
- Open the saved email and retry to send the email.
- If the email is sent, then there is a problem with the Mail app settings. If not, continue with the below steps.
- See that you are using the latest browser version. Otherwise, update the browser and resend the email.
- If you are still not able to send the email, erase the browser history and try again.
- Also, log in from any other browser and send the email.
- If the above steps did not help you, go to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update the Software
- Open the App Store or Software update page.
- Check for the updates and if you find it, then update the system software.
- Once the update is complete, restart the system and open the Mail app to send the email.
- If this solution does not fix your email problem, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 3: Check the Mail Settings
- Open the Mail app and select Mail followed by Preferences.
- Now, click the Accounts tab and select your iCloud Mail account.
- Go to the Account Information panel and check if the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) settings are correct.
- If it is incorrect, make the necessary changes and restart the Mail app.