Yahoo Mail Message and Attachment Size Limits
Yahoo Mail is an email service that offers different plans for personal and business purposes. And, it limits the email message size for sending and receiving emails. In a single message, you can attach documents only up to a maximum of 25MB size.
Message and attachment limit
The size limit is applicable for both the message and its attachments. If you are attaching a 25MB file, you cannot send an email message because the text in that email message adds a small amount of data. So, overall the Yahoo Mail message and its attachment should not exceed 25MB.
Send a large file from your Yahoo Mail account
If the composed email message exceeds the limit, you can reduce its size as given below.
- Use an archiving utility to compress the attached files.
- Instead of attaching a document, send a link. So, the recipient can download the file using the link.
To send larger files, you can use a file sending service or upload a larger file to Dropbox and then send the link for the file.
Note: Only older versions of Yahoo Mail has Dropbox integration.
Send an email with an attachment from your Yahoo Mail account
Here are the step-by-step instructions to send an email message with an attachment from your Yahoo Mail account.
- First, access your Yahoo Mail account from a web browser.
- Compose a new email message.
- Make sure to enter the recipient’s email address correctly in the To field.
- Click the paperclip icon at the bottom.
- Choose any one of the options given below.
- Attach files from computer
- Share files from cloud providers
- Add photos from recent emails
- Insert animated GIFs
- Search for the file that you need to attach and then select it.
- Click the Open button.
- To send an email message, click the Send button.