Yahoo Mail Never Filter Newsletters as Spam
Email services are designed in a way to detect spam messages at ease. Yahoo mail provides a smart spam filter option that classifies the messages and separates them accordingly.
Yahoo Mail detects spammy keywords from the message and separates them from the inbox in bulk. On this page, we’ve provided few simple and easy steps that could stop Yahoo Mail from filtering newsletters as spam. Follow these steps so that you don’t have to miss your favorite newsletters. You can set up simple filters that will help you to keep the newsletters in your inbox. Let us see Why yahoo Mail Never Filter Newsletters as Spam and how to fix it.
Ensure the quick steps before proceeding to the troubleshooting
- Add the sender’s name to your contact. It indicates the email service that you consider a particular sender’s emails as not spam.
- Go to the Spam folder, right-click on the message you want to restore to your inbox, and select NO Spam.
- If the issue persists, then carry on with the following steps.
- On your computer, log in to Yahoo Mail and navigate to Settings.
- Click More Settings and select the Filters heading.
- The Set rules section allows you to inform Yahoo when to trigger the filter. You can specify senders in FROM and the recipients in To/CC. The subject will search the subject lines of incoming mail for the keywords you determine. The body lets you pick out keywords in the message itself.
- Make sure to tick on the Match Case checkbox.
- Now, copy the email that sends the newsletter you want to save and then paste it into the From field.
- Enter the name of the folder in the text box. Otherwise, select one of the options from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save and complete the process.
- From now on, Yahoo Mail will never filter newsletters as spam.
You can contact our support team for any guidance regarding Yahoo Mail Never Filter Newsletters as Spam issue.